The School of Engineering’s Open House is an annual event during Stanford Admit Weekend that provides Tau Beta Pi members a venue to give back to the School of Engineering by inspiring and setting example for the school’s future citizens. Tau Beta Pi serves as the primary organizer of the event, in collaboration with the Office of the Dean for Student Affairs.
Among our responsibilities are: recruiting and coordinating representatives and volunteers for the events, coordinating with student service managers from different engineering departments to prepare handouts for prospective freshmen, communicating with Admit Weekend staff to spread the word about the event, designing the layout of the space, setting up, and cleaning up after the event.
Date: 4/28/17 Time: 1:00-3:00 PM Place: Huang Basement
PACKARD ATRIUM | APRIL 17, 2017 | 4:00-6:00 PM
Get ready for Stanford’s Engineering Showcase! This event aims to be a common platform for engineers from all fields to come together and engage in conversation. We envision a place where technology companies can demo their products to students, and conversely, where student groups can demo their projects to companies and the engineering student body at large. This initiative is largely inspired by MIT’s xFair, and we want to bring a similar spirit to the West Coast at Stanford. Both engineering majors as well as undeclared students interested in exploring applications in industry are warmly invited to attend!
- The Blazebot (ME210), Chris Kimes, Eni Asebiomo, Cuthbert Sun
- Meet Percy: Teaching Assistant Chatbot (CS221), John Merriman Sholar, Rachel Helen Gianforte,Sahil Chopra
- Predicting food security outcomes with CNNs to guide satellite tasking (CS 221), Swetava Ganguli,Jared Alexander Dunnmon,
- Hacking a Consumer DSLR Lens for Computational Imaging (EE367), Meredith Burkle, Ned Danyliw, Sam Girvin
- Single Pixel Amplitude-Modulated Time-of-Flight Camera (EE 367), Cedric Yue Sik Kin, Andrew Ponec
- Team Heat Stroke (BioE 141A/B), Jon Deaton, Diana Gong
- Atlantis (CS248), Byran Annenberg, Harrison Ho, Karen Yang
- Assistive Technology Projects from Enabletech (Berkeley student Enigeering group)
This event is co-hosted with Stanford IEEE with support from BEAM.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Mar Hershenson, Managing Partner at early stage venture fund Pejman Mar Ventures, will be joining us for dinner next week. An awesome guest (https://goo.gl/KV8Rkw) and free dinner (http://goo.gl/GajZ5n) — what more could you ask for. An incredible personality and a true innovator, she made it on this year’s Midas Brink List: http://goo.gl/rs8Xuu
Note that we keep the dinner to a small size (8-10 people) so every attendee can converse with our guest. It’s what makes these dinners unique. Candidates may earn 10 points by attending.
Date: Tuesday, May 10
Place: Coupa Cafe @ the Stanford Golf Course
The form (link again
) is due THIS Sunday May 1 at 11:59pm